Mumbai City Collectorate,
House, Fort , Mumbai - 400001.
Telephone : 022-22661231
Fax : 022-22664232
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
informed by you over phone, I was waiting for your call for late night
and till now. You have informed me that, you will enquire the issue
with the Mumbai City Police officials and take immediate action to
release the detained boat along with the nine fishermen of my
In this regard, all the documents demanded by the Mumbai
Police officials and others have been submitted with immediate effect.
These nine fishermen have got all the rights to do fishing
all over India through MPEDA.
Unnecessarily, Two Policemen of Mumbai City came to our
local police station at Nithiravilai of Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu to
enquire about the details of these nine fishermen to verify on their suspect of
anyway related to any litigation. Tamil
Nadu Police has also certified that they are free from litigations.
It is very clear that detaining the boat has been done illegally
and unnecessarily by the government officials for a prolonged period from
I have also spoken to The Deputy Commissioner of Police
(Marine), Mumbai at his mobile no. 09823138169, where he has informed me that
all the formalities from his side is over and there is no objection to release
the detained boat. But he informed me
that, the boat can be released only after the approval Mumbai Collector and
Asst. Collector for Fisheries on 22/Mar/2012.
Now I feel that the delay in releasing the illegally detained
boat is wantonly done by the Mumbai Govt Officials with a kind of discrimination
on the basis of region, state and language.
I want the illegally detained boat to be released before
11:00 am today. Faling will cause me to
make a road block before the Kanyakumari District Collectorate and also I will
raise this issue before the honourable Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly and
Parliament of India through the Tamil Nadu MPs.
“To release the Nine Fishermen and the Machinery Fishing Vessel with
Regn No. TN/15/MFB/709 MPEDA – TN2/FV/01267/11 of Mr. Shabu belonging to
Fishing Village Eraviputhenthurai of Thoothur Block, Kanykumari
District, Tamil Nadu State - reg”
Affected Innocent Fishermen:
1. Mr. Titus, (aged – 37), S/o Mr. Carlous, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
2. Mr. Carlous, (aged – 62), S/o Mr. Elias, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
3. Mr. Christopher, (aged – 60), S/o Mr. Thanislas, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
4. Mr. Peter, (aged – 42), S/o Mr. George, Puthiathurai, Kerala.
5. Mr. Nazaraus, (aged – 45), S/o Mr. Gregory, Chinnathurai, District, Tamil Nadu.
6. Mr. Vijin, (aged – 20), S/o Mr. Iyappan, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
7. Mr. Soosai Arul, (aged – 20), S/o Mr. Michaeladimai, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
8. Mr. Manoj, (aged – 17), S/o Mr. Savariyaradimai, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
9. Mr. Rehteesh, (aged – 17), S/o Mr. Rajan, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
Owner of Machinery Fishing Vessel:
Mr. Shabu, (aged – 39), S/o Mr. Carlous, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanykumari District, Tamil Nadu.
Details of Machinery Fishing Vessel:
Name of Machinery Fishing Vessel – Paraloga Matha
Registration No: TN/15/MFB/709 MPEDA – TN2/FV/01267/11
1. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
2. The Chief Minister of Maharastra
Director General, National Maritime SAR Co-ordinating Authority
(NMSARCA), Indian Coast Guard Headquarters, National Stadium Complex,
New Delhi – 110 001
Officer-in-Charge, MRCC Mumbai, Headquarters, Coast Guard Region
(West), Worli Sea face Post, Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030, (MMSI –
Officer-in-Charge, MRCC Chennai, Headquarters, Coast Guard Region
(East), Near Napier Bridge, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600 009, (MMSI –
Officer-in-Charge, MRSC Kochi, Headquarters, Coast Guard DHQ – 4,
Kalvetty Road, Fort Kochi, Kerala – 682 001, (MMSI – 004192205)
7. The District Collector, Kanyakumari District
8. The Director General of Police, Maharastra State
Honourable Chief Ministers/ Dear Officials,
petition is meant for the immediate release of the above mentioned
affected innocent fishermen under the custody of costal guards at
On 20/02/2012, the above said nine fishermen have moved through the above mentioned Machinery Fishing Vessel from Kochi Port.
to technical defects occurred at the Engine of Machinery Fishing
Vessel, they have to step down to the sea shore at (Boujathaka) Mumbai
After repairing the Machinery Fishing Vessel, the poor innocent fishermen has moved into the sea on 08/03/2012 for fishing. But the coastal guards of Mumbai has taken them into custody and still now they were not released.
kindly request the Chief Ministers and officials of Tamil Nadu and
Maharastra to take immediate action and favour the innocent fishermen to
be released immediately.